One of the most creative (and fun!) tasks at Deco Haus is styling our gorgeous vintage and art deco dresses – and our Instagram followers seem to love experimenting with different accessories/makeup looks just as much as we do!
To say a huge thank you for sharing their outfits with us (and to get you inspired) we gathered a few of our favorite photos - from edgy and casual looks to more classic, iconic recreations.
While the vintage inspired, black satin gloves make the shades of the dress pop even more, the simple makeup and hair create a soft, more modern look.
Our Deco 54 Flapper Fringe Art Deco Dress is truly a show-stopper with the scalloped fringe detailing and its sparkly mix of silver beads and pearl handbeading.
- A cool-toned, glossy pink lipstick to add a hint of shine to your makeup
- A tiny amount of hair texturizing spray for a casual hairstyle
- Long, black satin gloves to create a color contrast
The LookHands down, this is one of our all-time favorite stylings. The mix of smart casual (the hat and the tie waist sand trousers) and absolute glam (shiny silver top and the deep purple Parisian Ostrich Wrap) is just perfect.
Our Parisian Ostrich Wrap was created for the moments where you want to be daring and dramatic. It’s also one of our most versatile pieces – you can wear with our art deco dresses, or think completely outside of the box and rock it with a more casual style.
- High waisted, straight leg pants and a black or brown casual hat for the base of the outfit
- A gold, silver or rose gold sequin top to match the ostrich wrap
- Strappy high heels or traditional leather boots
We just couldn’t leave out Tracey Ellis Ross from our blog post – the styling with this dress is spot on classic, glittering goddess!
Our Starlet Gown has one of the most unique and eye-catching designs with its paneled, beaded hem and hundreds of sparkly beads.
A wavy, 1920’s inspired hair updo, dramatic drop earrings and classic red lips to bring out the vintage heritage of this beautiful dress.
A Hint of Burgundy
Although we love simplicity, we all have our “more is definitely more” moments – and for those days, this all gold outfit with a hint of burgundy is our go-to choice.
The DressOur Lulu Dress features a fringed midi length with stunning, reflective gold and cream beading and embroidery.
- Gold chrome gloves and turban to match the dress
- Simple beige or cream high heels
- A deep, warm ton burgundy lipstick with matching eye makeup
If you are looking for something edgier than the vintage inspired Ostrich Wrap look but still surprising and street style inspired, we’ve got your back with this leather jacket and midi dress combination!
Our 30’s Vintage Inspired Heirloom Dress is our take on the traditional, peasant-style dress with a bit of added glamour, blue and white embroidery and the best quality handkerchief fabric.
- A structured, black (or even silver) biker leather jacket and a velvet or mesh choker to vamp up your outfit
- Messy hairdo and smoked out eyes with mauve lips
Sultry & Smokey
This Paris shoot perfectly captures what satin slip dresses are all about: simplicity and classic sultriness. If you want to keep things minimalist, this slip dress with the “barely there” ankle strap heels and super smokey eyes is the perfect match for you.
This Ivory Gatsby Glamour Dress is a bestseller for a reason – it’s flattering for every body shape and super easy to style with literally anything. Perfect if you are looking for something with a hint of everyday sexiness.
- A daring smokey makeup. Don’t be afraid to smudge it out to your lower lashline for more drama!)
- Simple black or silver ankle strap heels to keep the focus on the dress